Online Application for Licensure Applicants
The Respiratory Care Board recommends that applicants apply online to minimize deficiencies and expedite the initial application review. If you have previously submitted a paper application, do not submit an electronic version as that could impact the process.
- Register for a BreEZe account, if you have not done so previously.
- On your BreEZe account Quick Start Menu, select “Respiratory Care Board” and "Initial Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) License Application" from the dropdown menu under the Applications section.
- Screen-by-screen instruction will be displayed throughout the online application process.
- At the end of the process you will have the opportunity to attach documents to the application (i.e. 2” x 2” passport photo, Law and Professional Ethics course certificate of completion, proof of Live Scan completion, Program Director Certification). Please attach as much information as possible to reduce paperwork, expedite the review process, and reduce the need for deficiency letters.
- Your application must be paid with a valid debit or credit card.
For assistance applying online, you may utilize the Online Initial Application for Licensure Step-by-Step Instructions. You may also contact the Board via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (916) 999-2190.
If you will earn your Associate’s Degree and complete your respiratory therapy program within the next 90 days, you must have your respiratory care program director complete the Program Director Certification. Attach the completed form with your online application.
If you require a third party to pay for your license fees (i.e. your respiratory program), you may add an Authorized Representative (anyone who may help the applicant/licensee in their business activities) to your online BreEZe account. The Authorized Representative can make payments, apply for renewals, and maintain license information for the applicant/licensee. View this Creating an Account as an Authorized Representative Step-by-Step Instructions for assistance adding an Authorized Representative to your account or setting up an account as an Authorized Representative.
If you choose to add an Authorized Representative only for purposes of paying your initial application fee, it is recommended you remove the Authorized Representative once you are issued your initial license.
You can check the progress of your online application by regularly logging onto your BreEZe account.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the application process, or are having trouble with your BreEZe account, please contact the Board toll free at (866) 375-0386 or by email at email@example.com.